Introduction: OwnersTo collect historical and anecdotal information about owners.
Create a page for each person with a link to any boat pages that exist and a link to that page on any page where they are mentioned. Also add them to the competitor listings if appropriate.
Examples of Information you might add:
- early career
- key influencers and role models (with links to their pages)
- clubs involved with
- boats and classes owned
- key sailing events participated in
- career milestones and key successes
- influence on boat design and equipment development
- contribution to the sport
- off-the-water activities and behavioral stories
- personal background, work and family
- relations with boat builders/designers (add links if appropriate)
Guide to Entries:
- free-form, but try to create some structure - use H2 for main headings, H3 for sub-headings and H4 for navigation headings (these will create new sections on the page)
- if creating a new page - give it a unique name such as <surname_firstname> and a title using H1 and add a link in the alphabetical listing and any other relevant listing
- if adding to an existing page, place the information in the relevant section creating a new subsection with a suitable title and add your source of the information at the end of the paragraph
- if there is a lot of information, consider creating several pages, each with a unique name such as <surname_firstname_p1> and create links to these at the top of the first page and <back> and <next> links at the bottom of each page where there is follow-on information
- some people will be both competitors and e.g designers - keep all the information together in one page or set of pages, but create links in all the relevant listings.